International Symposium "Quantum informatics-2002" - QI-2002
First announcement and call for papers
Symposium will be held in October 1-4, 2002 in a holiday hotel "Lipki" near
Zvenigorod (Moscow region).
QI -2002 - is the first in Russia symposium on new scientific area - quantum
informatics. It is planned to talk about the theory of quantum computations and
communications, the recent situation with its experimental realization and
perspectives of this area.
- K.A.Valiev - Institute of physics and technology RAS - chair (e-mail:
- I.G.Neizvestnui - Institute of semiconductor physics of Sibirean branch of RAS - vice chair
- Y.I.Ozhigov -Institute of physics and technology RAS - vice chair (e-mail:
- A.A.Orlikovsky - Institute of physics and technology RAS
- A.M.Afanasyev - Institute of physics and technology RAS
- Y.V.Kopaev - Physical institute RAS
- S.N.Molotkov - Solid state physics institute RAS
- A.S.Holevo - Institute of mathematics RAS
- F.A.Kuznetsov - Institute of non organic chemistry Sibirean branch RAS
- K.M.Salikhov - Kazan institute of physics and technology RAS
- V.K.Levin - RAS, Scientific institute "Kvant"
- A.V.Korolkov - Academy of cryptography
- V.Ya.Panchenko - Institute of laser and informational technologies problems RAS
- Y.A.Chaplugin - Moscow institute of electronic technique
- V.N.Zadkov - Moscow state university
- O.A.Khrustalev - Moscow state university
- K.A.Valiev - chair (e-mail:
- A.A.Orlikovsky -vice chair
- Y.I.Ozhigov - vice chair (e-mail:
Address for contacts
Institute of Physics and Technology (FTIAN),
Nakhimovsky pr. 34, 117218, Moscow, Russia,
web page: http://qc.ipt.ac.ru,
telephone: (095) 332 47 53
fax: (095) 129 31 41
Approximate list of the topics (some of them overlap)
- Quantum algorithms
- Quantum informatics and fundamental physical limitations
- Applications of the fast quantum search
- Error correction in quantum computations
- Precision of quantum computations and how to raise it
- Complexity of quantum computations
- Entangled states
- Measurement theory
- Quantum channels
- Influence of noise to quantum channels
- Quantum cryptography
- Technologies of a quantum computer
- Quantum dots
- Ion traps
- Solid state quantum computers
- Liquid quantum computers
- Lasers in quantum informatics
- Preparation of entangled states of photons
- Entangled ensembles of fermions
- Technology of measurements
- Control on quantum computations
- New applications and approaches to quantum informatics
- Kamil A. Valiev (FTIAN, Moscow) "Quantum informatics problems and prospects"
- Alexander S. Holevo (MIAN, Moscow) "Coding theorems of quantum information theory"
- Mario Rasetti (INFM Politecnico di Torino) "Topological Quantum Field Theory methods in quantum ˝omputation"
- Sergey N. Molotkov (IFFT, Moscow) "Relativistic quantum cryptography"
- Dmitri Averin (SUNY, Stony Brook, NY) "Implementation of quantum computation based on mesoscopic Josephson junctions"
- Lev Vaidman (Tel-Aviv University) "Instantaneous measurement of non-local variables"
- Yu.Ozhigov (a title will be announced later)
Abstract submission instructions
For lectures (60 min), long (20 min) and short (10
min) talks and poster presentations it is required to send the abstract by
e-mail (1 page in text format) to Program Committee not later than to April 15.
For lectures and long talks it is required to submit also the full text of talk
(up to 10 pages for talks and lectures) to April 15.
Rules for preparations of
texts can be found in instructions of SPIE.
Text of talks should be prepared in
electronic form in one of the formats: PostScript, PDF, Word.
We plan to publish selected papers from QI-2002.
Works selected for publications must be submitted
in TEX format after acceptance for publication.
Abstract submission e-mail
Abstracts and manuscripts deadlines
Submission of abstracts - to April 15, Acceptance to the program - to
May 15, Submission of full texts - to 15 June, Acceptance to publication - to
All submissions will be reviewed.
Holiday Hotel "Lipki"
Travel to Symposium location
By bus: from subway station "Kuntsevskaya", bus N 452 direction Kuntsevo-
Zvenigorod to station "Sinkovo", then by hotel shuttle or afoot (500 m).
By car: Rublevo-Uspenskoe drive to turn to Nikolina Gora (to right), after
bridge - left turn through Nikolina Gora, Aksinino, Ivanovka, then follow
directions to "pansionat Lipki".
Hotel has the secured parking.
Foreigners will be met in aero port and delivered to "Lipki" by bus (October
1) and back to aero port after Symposium (October 5).
Organizing fee (Registration)
150 USD (50 USD for students)
Rest and cultural program
Hotel "Lipki" has covered swimming pool, sauna, tennis court, mini-football,
basketball, badminton, massage, ping-pong, billiard. Horse riding (hotel